Minggu, 20 Januari 2013

Antiquities Is in Vogue, also in La Vogue




Jalan Pemuda in Semarang is full of surprises. There are many old buildings. I admire the facades and I wish to see the inside. That morning after Christmas, I strolled along the street and I found this attractive La Vogue. It turns out to be an antiquity store. While I was windowshopping, the door suddenly opened. I was shocked. The owner apparently had seen me and he invited me to step inside.

It is full of antique stuff, from books, rings, photos, dolls, old world souvenirs, bottles, to paintings. Thought, I can get used to this place! Even more, the owner invited me to take a look inside and upstairs. it reminds me of that house at Jalan Argopuro, Lawang. Sturdy wooden stairs, wooden floor, large windows.

I wish to sell it, said the owner.

If I might suggest, Pak, you could turn it into a guest house. It is a very nice place, people would love it, I said.

2 komentar:

Lutfianna mengatakan...

Hey I'm currently staying in Semarang to study and thinking about walking around the town. Thank you for the review about La Vogue, it seems cush an interesting place to visit. I'll be sure to make a visit :)

SemSa mengatakan...

My pleasure. Saya juga pengin sekali mampir lagi di La Vogue dan mencari toko-toko antik lainnya