Jumat, 02 Juli 2010

what's up doc?


last Wednesday, the doc told me to have some rest but the offer was too interesting to resist: friends asked me if i could join them climbing Gunung Gede.

reading their mails, i was taken back to 2000 when friends of Garda Hijau and moi tried to climb it. amateurs we were--as i still am today--we only made it to Cibereum Waterfall and camped nearby. This time i have to make it to the summit, i said to myself.

so i did quick packing and off I went to meet Umi, Mamet, Phie, Jainer, Rudy, Toto, Emma, Hanum, Adink, Jaman, Dony. happy to see them!

i only guess that the track would be as "easy" and as "short" as in Mount Ijen (3 km from Post I to the summit) in East Java.

i was shocked to learn it took 8 hrs to reach campground Kandang Badak and another 2 hrs to the summit! 1 hrs down to glade Surya Kencana, 30 min to its edge, and as if not enough: 5 hrs walking in the darkness to reach Gunung Putri.

beyond my calculation, I did it. We did it. and on the last few miles I walked in the moonlit path and thought, how can't i be ungrateful?

we made it and i felt so much healthier despite some leg fatigue :)

2 komentar:

Umi mengatakan...

missing all your notes so opened your blog....

I'm glad you did it, with your smile and never complaining, I was surprised!

SemSa mengatakan...

and moi missing FB life and friends at FB :)

that's very nice of you, thanks! :) you climbed down the mountain with such grace that inspired me